Tarts offer up the best of both dessert worlds: they look elegant and aren’t complicated to make. Here, we’ve paired creamy white chocolate with fresh summer raspberries for a delicious seasonally-inspired dessert that also works year-round.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes, plus 90 minutes chilling
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8 to 10
White chocolate provides the perfect balance to fresh, tart raspberries.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Toss together cookie crumbs, butter and sugar until crumbs are evenly coated; press into 9-inch (23cm) fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
- To make filling, place chocolate in small heatproof bowl; set aside. Pour cream into small saucepan set over medium-high heat; bring to simmer, stirring frequently. Pour over chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes; stir until smooth. Whisk in butter until combined.
- Place in freezer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until chilled. Using electric mixer, beat for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Carefully spread over cooled tart shell; scatter raspberries over top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. (Make ahead: Tart can be prepared, covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day.) Before serving, dust lightly with icing sugar and garnish with mint leaves.