Is there a more crowd-pleasing dessert than a warm plate of chocolate chip cookies? We bet our version of this comfort food classic, which combines the richness of dark chocolate with a savoury hint of sea salt, will be your new go-to recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 12 large cookies
These chocolate chip cookies satisfy your sweet and salty craving.
- Arrange racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F (175C). Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, ½ tsp sea salt, baking powder and soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter with sugars and honey on medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla, then flour mixture until a smooth dough forms. Stir in chocolate until combined.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop (about ¼ cup in size), scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Sprinkle with remaining ½ tsp sea salt.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until edges have set, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a rack; let cool completely.
Substitution tip: Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao can be substituted with 2 bars (100 g each) Lindt Excellence Hazelnut or Lindt Excellence Roasted Almond.