The subtle sweetness of raspberry is the perfect contrast to this silky chocolate mousse that’s layered with whipped cream and cookie crumbs. The results are sure to wow everyone at your table.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes + 2 hours chilling
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 12
Impress your guests with this stunningly layered chocolate mousse.
- Bring ¾ cup (190 mL) whipping cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate and let stand for five minutes. Whisk to combine and let rest at room temperature.
- Whip remaining cream with the sugar to form stiff peaks.
- Fill a piping bag with 1 cup (250 mL) whipped cream and reserve in the fridge.
- Fold melted chocolate into rest of whipped cream, scoop into a piping bag and chill for two hours.
- Line up 12 shooter glasses and pipe a small amount of mousse into each.
- Sprinkle with cookie crumbs and raspberries.
- Pipe in a layer of whipped cream, then more cookie crumbs. Repeat until full.
- Top with cookie crumbs and gold leaf.