Chocolate-covered strawberries are an indulgence but they don’t have to be a labour of love. These cult-favourite bites that feature dark chocolate and fresh seasonal strawberries can be made in under 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 12-14
The contrasting colours of the dark and white chocolate make these strawberries look as though they came straight from the chocolate shop.
- Wipe the strawberries with a damp cloth and pat dry. Do not wash them.
- In a heatproof bowl set over simmering water (a.k.a a bain marie), melt dark chocolate.
- Holding the strawberry by its green stem, dip into the tempered chocolate, gently shaking off the excess.
- Place coated strawberry on a tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining strawberries.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Melt white chocolate in a bain marie or the microwave until just melted and add to a piping bag fitted with a small tip.
- Drizzle the white chocolate onto the strawberry for an elegant, professional look.
Maître Chocolatier Tip
Chocolate dipped strawberries have a very short life span! Dip them as close to serving time as possible.