There are so many reasons to love summer, but one of our favourite things about this time of year is the beautiful produce at every turn, and the no-fuss desserts (and fruity summer cocktails) we can make with it. Like this easy, no-bake tart recipe made with dark chocolate, figs, pistachios and raspberries. We love a no-bake tart recipe because it’s so easy to put together, and can be adapted to accomodate whatever you have on hand. In fact, most fruit pairs wonderfully with dark chocolate, so you can try variations of this no-bake tart recipe with whatever is in season. Bonus: you can easily make the base and filling in advance and put the fruit and nuts on just before serving.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes + chilling time
- Cook Time: n/a
- Servings: 8
The perfect dessert to make with your farmer’s market haul.
- Place chocolate and butter in a small heatproof bowl. Melt in the microwave in 15-second increments or in a bain-marie until just melted. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine graham cracker crumbs and dates. Pulse to combine. Dates should be blended into a crumb size slightly larger than the graham cracker crumbs. Pour chocolate mixture into food processor and blend until mixture is well combined.
- Press crust mixture into a 9-inch fluted tart tin with removable bottom. Using a ¼ cup measure, evenly press mixture into base of tin and up sides. Place in the fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes while you make the filling.
- Melt the second bar of chocolate in same heatproof bowl in the microwave or in a bain-marie and set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar and milk. Whisk to combine. Set bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in melted chocolate until well combined. Whisk in mascarpone cream and rose water extract until smooth.
- Scrape mixture into tart shell, spreading evenly to edges. Chill in the fridge until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, scatter top with quartered figs, raspberries and chopped pistachios. Drizzle over melted chocolate, if using.
Substitution Tip: Lindt Excellence 78% Cacao Dark Chocolate can be substituted with Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate.