Rich in antioxidants, matcha green tea is said to boost immunity while also increasing energy and concentration. White vanilla chocolate adds just enough sweetness in this recipe for deliciously fluffy muffins, which make a great on-the-go snack.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 12
On-trend matcha perfectly balances the sweetness of white chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Line two standard 6-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, matcha tea powder and granulated sugar in large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Pour wet-ingredient mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir just until flour disappears. Fold in melted butter and then the chopped chocolate. Mix as little as possible.
- Divide batter between lined muffin pans.
- Bake until a tester inserted into centre of muffin comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve immediately.
Maître Chocolatier Tip
Turn this snack into a decadent dessert by adding both white and dark chocolate chunks to the muffin batter.