Culinary expert Jennifer Bartoli is the former Food Editor at Canadian Living, and co-owner of Sprig Creative. Here, she shares her tips for making chocolate shards at home.
- Start by tempering your chocolate. See our step-by-step guide here.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using an offset spatula, evenly spread the tempered chocolate over the parchment until it’s about 1.5 mm thick.
- Let it stand for a couple minutes, until the chocolate has solidified.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut the chocolate into shards of your preferred size.
- Gently peel the chocolate off the parchment paper and garnish your dessert.