The beautifully balanced, mild dark chocolate is enhanced with the subtle spice of chili. With the incredibly smooth texture and creaminess, this chocolate dessert is hard to resist. Simply serve it with a drizzle of chocolate sauce, fresh mint or seasonal berries.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus 2 hours chilling
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
A classic chocolate mousse with an exotic twist.
- Break up chocolate and gently melt in a double boiler. Once molten, remove from double boiler and set aside.
- Place egg yolks into a small bowl and break up slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whip up cream to ribbon stage.
- In a clean and dry bowl, whip egg whites and sugar into a meringue.
- Take yolks and mix in a little melted chocolate to warm them slightly. Then mix the rest of the chocolate into the yolks. At this stage, the mixture will look like it might set. Mix in the cream with a whisk to create a smooth mixture.
- Gently fold in meringue, then pour mousse into a clean bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to set in fridge for 2 hours.