- Prep Time: 15 minutes (+ 8 hours chilling)
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 20
These easy-to-make bite-sized treats feature a luxurious combination of chocolate and cream. Create your own signature truffle by rolling in different toppings or adding in your favourite liqueurs or extracts and surprise your friends.
- Heat cream until it just comes to a boil. Add chopped chocolate and remove pan from heat.
- Stir or whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Only for milk or dark truffles: Stir in butter until ganache is smooth.
- Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, ensuring that plastic makes contact with the entire surface of the ganache.
- Refrigerate overnight or until ganache is set.
- To form the truffles, use a melon baller, small ice cream scoop or teaspoon. Roll the ganache in a ball and place on parchment paper. Roll finished truffles in unsweetened cocoa powder.
Maître Chocolatier Tip
Handle truffles with care. Because of their high fat content, they will melt in your hands when you are rolling them.