The aluminum Bundt pan became all the rage in North America in the 1950s and 60s. Now the Bundt is back, only this time its trimmings are modern and graphic and seen year round, not just at Christmas. This version features a classic chocolate cake base made with our ultra-rich Lindt Excellence 85% Cacao Dark Chocolate. As a striking contrast, the white chocolate ganache highlights the stylish pattern on top of the bundt cake.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes (+ 1 hour 10 minutes cooling time)
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8
Elevate this easy chocolate cake recipe with a decadent white chocolate ganache.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously butter a 10 to 12 cup (2.4 to 2.8 L) bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour with cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar with oil, eggs and vanilla on low speed just until combined. Slowly stream in melted chocolate until incorporated. Beat in half of flour mixture, then half of milk. Repeat additions until smooth. Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake in centre of oven until a tester inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a rack. After 10 minutes, turn the cake out of the pan. Invert right side up and let cool completely on the rack, about 1 hour.
- Finely chop white chocolate and place in a heavy, microwave-safe bowl with cream. Microwave for 45 seconds and stir. If lumps remain, microwave in 5 second increments and continue to stir. Once smooth, let stand for 5 minutes, and spoon over cooled cake.
Maître Chocolatier Tip
Perfect Pairing: The creaminess of a flat white (an espresso-based drink with milk) enhances the cocoa flavour and brings out the vanilla notes in the dark chocolate.