A dessert that’s as easy to make as it is delicious, this tart appeals to the chocolate lover in everyone.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Move oven rack to lowest position.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Pulse flour, icing sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter; pulse until pea-sized pieces form. Add yogurt; pulse until dough just comes together. Transfer dough from food processor to lightly floured surface and shape into a disc.
- Roll dough into a 19 x 6-inch (48 cm x 15 cm) rectangle, about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick. Transfer to 14 x 4-inch (35 x 10 cm) rectangular tart pan with removable bottom. Press dough to fit into pan and prick base with a fork; trim and discard any excess dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake on lowest rack until crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Heat cream in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming; pour over chocolate in large heatproof bowl. Let stand for 1 minute; whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth.Whisk in sugar and eggs. Stir in flour until well combined; spoon mixture into crust.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) until filling is set at the edges but still very soft in the centre, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm.
Note: This chocolate tart freezes well once baked. Cool completely and cover with plastic wrap before freezing. Before serving, thaw completely, then reheat for 5 to 10 minutes at 350°F (180°C).