Serve these spoons dipped in creamy chocolate alongside coffee as a gourmet sweetener, or use clear cellophane wrap and ribbon to create DIY favours for guests to take home.
Sweeten up brunch with this easy yet impressive DIY project.
- 2 bars (100g each) Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate
- 2 bars (100g each) Lindt Excellence White Vanilla Chocolate
- Double boiler or saucepan and heatproof bowl
- Extra heatproof bowl
- 16 to 20 plastic spoons (or stainless steel, if preferred)
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
- Two small-tip piping bags (or plastic freezer bags)
- Break up bars of white and dark chocolate, keeping separate. Melt in separate double boilers (or two heatproof bowls on top of saucepans with a few inches of simmering water). To get a perfectly smooth and glossy finish, take it a step further and temper the chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Using an oven mitt, carefully tip each bowl of melted chocolate to the side so that chocolate collects in one corner. Dip in a spoon so that the bowl portion of the spoon is completely covered in either dark or white chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off, then delicately place spoon on wax paper. Repeat, working quickly, covering half the spoons in white chocolate and half in dark chocolate. Save some melted chocolate of each type for decoration.
- Spoon leftover dark and white chocolate into two separate fine-tip piping bags. (If using a freezer bag, push chocolate to one corner and cut a tiny hole in the edge.) Here’s the fun part: Drizzle, dot or doodle on dipped spoons using chocolate of the opposite colour. Let the creations cool for at least 15 minutes before serving or wrapping the tops for gifting.