MOLTEN MINT CHOCOLATE CAKES
- 5 ounces (140g) Lindt Excellence Intense Mint Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (200g) butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup (150g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup (60g) flour
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Brush the inside of each ramekin with melted butter and coat the inside of each with sugar, knocking out any excess.
- Melt the chocolate and butter.
- Whip the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and mint extract on high power for 10 minutes.
- Fold the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the flour until just combined.
- Divide the batter among the ramekins.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. The sides and the top shold be set, but the center will remain soft. Do not overbake.
- Let the cakes rest for 3-5 minutes before unmolding.
- To loosen, run a small, sharp knife around the edge of the ramekin and carefully turn out onto a plate.
- To garnish, dust with cocoa powder or powdered sugar. Place a dollop of lightly whipped cream on the side and top with a sprig of fresh mint.
Six 4 ounce cakes