- 3 bars (3.5ounces/100g each) Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon (15g) butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) hot water
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) orange liqueur (optional)
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- Melt the chopped chocolate and butter.
- Add the hot water and orange liqueur to the chocolate and stir to form a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until just barely firm. Set it aside in the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add the chocolate to the egg yolks and stir until combined.
- Carefully fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into a bowl or individual serving cups, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with white chocolate curls.