- Prep Time: 30 minutes (+ 4 hours chilling)
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
Dazzle guests with an elegant mocha-inspired chocolate soufflé that provides the perfect after-dinner pick-me-up.
- Heat milk, cream and instant mocha coffee, then remove from heat, leaving mixture to stand for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in six espresso or mocha cups, insert a strip of baking paper, about 3cm wide and 10cm long, in such a way that the soufflé can rise about 2cm above the rim. Use tape to hold this strip in place. Break 1 bar of Lindt chocolate into small pieces.
- Separate the eggs. Using a bain-marie, beat egg yolks into the mocha-cream-milk mixture until it has a thick consistency. Gradually add the pieces of chocolate, stirring as they melt into the hot cream. Allow to cool.
- Add a pinch of salt to egg whites and beat until stiff. Gradually add sugar while beating. Fold it carefully into the chocolate cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into each cup to top of paper ring. Place cups in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Melt second bar of chocolate. Remove paper strips from the cups and pour some melted chocolate onto the frozen soufflés. Sprinkle with crushed amaretti for decoration, and serve.