Consider yourself warned: You’ll be eating this popcorn by the handfuls – it’s that good. The combo of crunchy, salty and sweet is what makes this movie snack a major hit.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Servings: 12 cups
Elevate your movie night experience with this addictive chocolate peanut butter popcorn.
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (120 Celsius) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Begin by popping the corn: In a medium pot, place oil and a few kernels of corn over medium-high heat. When they pop, add kernels and swirl pan to evenly coat. Once corn starts popping, turn heat down to medium-low and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Shake pan continuously over heat until popping slows. Remove from heat when popping stops, then pour into a large mixing bowl. Add in peanuts and set aside.
- Wipe out pot you used to pop the corn and place it back on the stove over medium-high heat. Place butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in the pot, stir well and bring to a boil. Turn heat down slightly and continue boiling, stirring often to prevent burning. After 7 minutes, remove pan from heat and add baking soda, vanilla and salt – this caramel mixture will bubble up, so be careful.
- Immediately pour caramel all over popcorn and stir to coat. Transfer to baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Check and stir the popcorn every 15 minutes for about 45 minutes total, separating the kernels as you go. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Melt in the microwave in 15 second increments or in a bain marie until just melted. Once popcorn is cool and set, pour melted chocolate over and toss to coat. Allow popcorn to cool and harden before serving. Enjoy.