Dad may be notoriously hard to buy for, but these bourbon brownie bites are a foolproof Father’s Day gift (or a great make-ahead dessert for an adult BBQ or picnic). To make this recipe family-friendly, simply substitute the bourbon for milk.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 24
These brownies double as a (delicious) DIY Father’s Day gift.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan.
- In medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt dark chocolate with butter, stirring with wooden spoon.
- Take pan off heat. Stir in granulated sugar, then whiskey and vanilla.
- Add the eggs to pan, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add all-purpose flour and salt. Stir to combine.
- Divide brownie batter between greased muffin cups. Smooth tops with an offset spatula. Bake until a cake tester inserted into centre of a brownie comes out clean (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Let cool 10 minutes before unmoulding onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Maître Chocolatier Tip
For an even more decadent taste (and texture), add chunks of dark chocolate and/or walnuts into the brownie batter.