When regular cheesecake just isn’t enough, spoil the ones you love (including yourself) with this opulent chocolate version that’s loaded with rich cacao flavour and dressed to impress.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 1 hour + 15 minutes
- Servings: 8 - 10
Just when you thought cheesecake couldn’t get any better…
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180° C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and press evenly into pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then cool.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler and cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, mix cream cheese, sugar and cocoa until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time. Blend in chocolate.
- Pour over crust and bake for one hour or until centre is set. Let cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, stir ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour over cooled cheesecake.
- For garnish, decorate with chocolate shards by arranging them around the side of the cake. Learn how to make chocolate shards here.